Thursday, August 1, 2013

Preview of My Blog


It's summer time! This means almost every college student is thinking about what swimsuit to wear to this pool party, which boy/girl to have a fling with, or man I need more alcohol! I'm going into my second year at Kansas State University, and yes, I like to think about these issues as well, but, my summer vacation has been filled with a lot of work, little play, and fair pay. As my vaca is narrowing and coming to an end, I begin to think about my budget crisis! I am a TERRIBLE saver when it comes to money, but, I've learned some good tips to budget myself minimize my spending while getting a lot out of what I buy! From fashion to eating healthy, my blog is going to show you how to get the most out of your money.

I'm all about fashion today, and let me tell you, bargain shopping will be your new best friend, your wardrobe will inspire you, and I will help you along the way!

First things first; WEED OUT YOUR CLOSET!



If it doesn't fit you, why are you keeping it to clutter your closet?! We become attached to clothes that we once wore that were super cute, but, those days are over if they're not going to fit you anymore. Break the attachment and throw them in a box. Make sure you label it (so you know what it is) as "Miscellaneous Clothes." DON'T THROW THEM AWAY! You'll discover later how handy these fabrics can be.

Second; Simply alter those clothes that you don't wear or that don't fit.


Cut those old jeans that fit in the waist, but awkwardly in the leg, into jean shorts! Fringe out the bottoms by using the end blade of a pair of scissors and scrape along the bottom of the freshly cut edges then throw them in the wash for one cycle and, Ta-Da!!




 Cut off any really long excess fringe to your liking. (Old high waist shorts/jeans are in now too!) :)

*** (If you're not the crafty type and don't feel like taking the time to restyle your clothes you can always sell your clothes or just give them away. No one likes a cluttered closet!)

Third; Spot out your local discount stores. (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, etc.)


SALES, SALES, SALES! Bargain stores will become your new best friend and the first place you migrate to when you enter a store will be the sale racks! Discount stores will usually always have the best sale racks! Just don't go in once, look around, find nothing, leave, and never return. Give the store a couple chances and visit 3-4 times between each inventory change! Don't feel like you're a broke cheap-o because you're going to the sale racks. Whether that's fact or not, you're just being a smart-o! With any discount store or sale rack, be aware of the return policies. They're usually different than the regular priced items.

Fourth; The internet will be your sidekick


I've found most of my best articles of clothing online! EBay hasn't been one of my favorite sights to look at but hey, it may work out for you! So try it out at least once. You could be surprised. My go-to place is simply online sales. Mostly when you buy online, the sales will be better and you'll have a wider range of options to choose from. Yes, shipping does cost more money than going in yourself, but, think about the gas it's going to take to get to the store, gas isn't cheap anymore. Plus, the stores might not always have what you want that you can get online. Some privately owned businesses have their own websites with the cutest those they make themselves. 

***I'm going to let you in on my biggest secret of all time!...so keep it on the down low.
www.shophopes.com is THE BEST privately owned store online to shop for the cutest dresses (hi-low, maxi, dressy, summer), blouses, accessories, and shoes. There's not much but dresses and blouses right now but the sight is growing so be sure to check it out! :)

My last advice to you today is get out of your comfort zone to try something new, be patient, and have fun! Fashion is always changing and it's always fun!





xoxo Joyce


  

No comments:

Post a Comment